Start with Woodward Lessons
Woodward Copper is a world renowned professional training center for pros, amateurs, and beginners alike. We are now opening up our amazing training facility and coaching staff to help start beginners on their path to success. No experience is required, Start with Woodward lessons are available for those who have never tried skiing or snowboarding before, as well as skiers or boarders at the beginner level. Learn and progress while having fun—Start with Woodward!
Skiers and snowboarders age 6-17 can now learn in the coolest place with the best coaches! Your lesson will start on snow in West Village where you will learn the skills needed to ride, turn, stop, and take runs on the mountain while maintaining control. Coaches will focus on your individual needs and goals, introducing new skills and techniques as you are ready. Start with Woodward lessons can even introduce the building blocks necessary to start progressing onto beginner terrain park features. After lunch, you and your coach will head over to our 19,000 square foot indoor training facility the Woodward Copper Barn to utilize our skatelite learning terrain and Burton Snowboard’s ParkBoard™ indoor snowboards and ParkSki™ training skis to simplify the learning curve. This enables you to connect your on-hill experience with our world-class indoor training techniques.
Start with Woodward Lesson details:
•Start with Woodward Lessons are semi-private with a guaranteed maximum class size of 5.
•Lessons begin at 9:30am and end at 4:00pm daily (6.5 hours including lunch—lunch is included with cost of lesson!).
•Start with Woodward Lessons typically spend 5.5 hours on snow (including lunch) and end the day with 1 hour in The Barn.
•Start with Woodward Lessons are for skiers and snowboarders ages 6-17.
•No previous experience necessary: Open to all ability Levels including those who have never skied or snowboarded.
(Are you an intermediate or advanced skier or snowboarder? Check out Ride with Woodward Lessons)
Book 1 day in advance to SAVE 20% Off! We strongly recommend booking in advance.
- 8:00 - 9:00---Arrive at West Village Guest Services to check in and get fitted for rentals if needed.
- 9:00 - 9:30---Meet your coach next to the Woodward flag on-snow behind the Gear Check Shack. Stretch, put on sunscreen and get stoked for the day.
- 9:20 - 9:30---Break into groups and head up the mountain with your coach.
- 9:30 - 12:30---Ski or Ride with your coach, learn the skills needed to take your skiing and riding into the park.
- 12:30 - 1:30---Lunch (Included with the cost of your lesson!)
- 1:30 - 3:00---More Skiing or Riding with your coach, review and refine your new skills.
- 3:00 - 4:00---Head to the Woodward Copper Barn to connect your on hill experience to indoor movements.
- 4:00---Meet with you parents and discuss your awesome day, stay for a Drop-In Session to keep the good times going!
Safety first! A helmet is required while skiing or riding for all participants in Woodward lessons. Rental Equipment Packages include a helmet. Helmets are also available to rent separately.
Please come ready to shred in all weather conditions! In addition to a helmet, you will need: waterproof gloves or mittens, goggles or sunglasses and waterproof jacket and pants. Sunscreen is highly recommended. Additionally, comfortable gym clothes are recommended for your time training in the Woodward Copper Barn.
Registering in advance is highly recommended! Please arrive with plenty of time to complete the check-in process at Guest Services and Rentals which are open beginning at 8:00am. All lesson locations are subject to change and may be dependent on conditions. Call us direct at 970-300-1119.
- We are a nut aware program: Bringing outside food due to allergies or picky eating is fine, but please make sure it is nut-free.
- Start with Woodward Lessons check-in is available at West Village Guest Services between 8:00am to 9:00am. Start with Woodward Lessons meet on-snow behind West Village at the Woodward flag. All lessons begin at 9:30am. Pick up at the end of the day will be at the Woodward Copper Barn at 4pm. Rental return is available at West Village until 5pm each day.
- In addition to the essentials listed above, please come prepared with your ski or snowboard equipment.
*Does not include 7% resort surcharge